- We are glad you decided to join us. Our Church’s vision is all based on our 3E foundation. We firmly believe that all followers of Christ should find a local church where they can get plugged into. We believe that Webster Bible Church is a great place where the Word of God is taught as truth, and the members are striving to be dedicated followers of Christ.
What to Expect
- What should I wear? You’re invited to come as you are, whether it’s a suit and tie, or jeans and a T-shirt. You’ll find that our members and attendees are quite diverse in their dress, though business casual tends to be the norm.
- What’s the music like? Our music tends to be more on the contemporary side, though we are careful to include a good mix of the classic hymns along with the best of today’s worship songs. Our main concern is that our songs be biblically accurate, God-exalting, and gospel-centered.
- What version of the Bible do you use? We typically preach and teach using the English Standard Version (ESV), which is an “essentially literal” translation that seeks to capture the precise wording of the original text (e.g. Hebrew, Greek) and convey it in present-day English. Other acceptable translations used on occasion include the King James Version (KJV), the New King James Version (NKJV), the New International Version (NIV), the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB), and the New Living Translation (NLT).
- What’s a typical sermon like? Our pastors tend to preach expository sermons. Our goal is to present the meaning and intent of a biblical text and make appropriate application to our lives today. We typically do this by studying books of the Bible verse-by-verse. Each sermon lasts approximately 40 minutes.
Here are our standard events that happen weekly at Webster Bible Church, and you can see more on the events page.
Truth Tracks: 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- Where we study God’s Word and related topics in a smaller, classroom style setting. Adults have the choice of a few different tracks to take, and children are divided up by age group. Many of our adult tracks are designed to allow for easy integration of new visitors, so you’ll be welcomed to attend anytime.
Convergence: 10:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- Where people can catch up on the past week, enjoy a treat over a cup of coffee or juice, and have some time of fellowship before the service starts. This is a very popular gathering each week in our main foyer, in a very warm and friendly environment.
Sunday Morning Worship: 10:30 a.m.
- Where we worship God together, praising him with singing and listening to Pastor Matt deliver God’s message for the week.
If you have children, in addition to the truth tracks mentioned above, we also have classes for them to attend during worship service. For ages 5 and below, we have separate classes in our secure nursery area. Our Location: 675 Holt Road Webster, NY 14580 Phone: 585-872-5150 Many announcements and updates are sent through the Pastor’s Post, so be sure to sign up.