Jan 19, 2014
In this presentation, we compared and contrasted the secular worldview and the Christian worldview.
Here are the slides 7cs
The following is the video showing snippets from a Universe from Nothing by Lawrence Krauss:
The 7Cs are listed below as well as the major topics where the two worldviews clash.
- Creation – (Genesis 1-2) - What was there in the beginning? Do we have anyone to answer to? Are humans a special creation?
- Corruption - (Genesis 3) - Why is there disease and death in the world? Is the world evolving or devolving?
- Catastrophe - (Genesis 6-9) - How were the rock layers laid down? What about the fossils? Polystratic fossils? Long ages? Ice ages?
- Confusion - (Genesis 10-11) - How did people scatter across the earth? Evolution of languages? People groups? Ziggurats?
- Christ - Is there sin? Do we need a savior?
- Cross - Why was Jesus crucified on the cross? What did it mean?
- Consummation - What happens to us when we die? How will the earth end? How will the universe end?
Community Group Questions:
- Share with the group one thing that stuck out to you most about the presentation.
- Which of the 7Cs do you think in general Christians are weakest in defending and why?
- Discuss the consequences of teaching our children moral relativism and that they are part of that 1% of the pollution of the universe.
- Share how you might be able to use some of the 7Cs when witnessing to people.